Saturday, March 19, 2016

Saturday Linkages : An Introduction

Just a couple of weeks ago I started publishing Sunday Currently, a thing going on for bloggers around the globe, of which should be posted on the very day it's being mentioned in the title itself. I opted having it since it's quite interesting and it requires me not to soooooo much write about something and since my Sunday Grande  posts are just so limited .

While rereading them I've thought why not utilize my Saturday in publishing posts as well??? But the very big trouble there is how will I do it WHAT TO WRITE? hahahah!

photo from www.dreamstime.com
I thought and thought! I never stood from where I was seated not until I've gotten an idea . And luckily , thanks to my brain for cooperating so hastily , that creative light bulb above my head lighted! ;)

So here it goes, I am introducing to you Saturday Linkages , a post of words , quotes , excerpts , and stories I found fascinating and very much relatable while stumbling around the interwebs . Of which I thought of random people , both close to me and not , when I read them . Here then, I am sharing them with you - if you fancy that sort of thing. :)

I am really this person who have always meant to keep a notebook , may it be little or small , with me everywhere I go . Only on these three occasions have I done so successfully . First , when I'm always meaning to get better about something , second , when I'm tired of scrambling around for a scrap of paper, old receipts, or napkins, and pens while travelling, and finally , at the most inopportune time --- to remind myself of my everyday encounter and ideas I've had on the run. 

Here are few of them I have placed just on the table near my bed, others are hidden and got me tired thinking of  "me  getting them for a picture and will return them again". hahahah! 
. . . here goes one among the quotation notebooks I have (Green Apple) , list of books I've read and my random  insights I have to be included in my blog ( brown with butterfly), my spiritual journal (My Daily Bread), our journal that includes our andeventures (pink with Kring and Aries), my travel checklist (gray) and my very favorite pen for all my journal entries.
Kind of O.C aren't I? Actually, yes! I am sort of that! :)
But, having read this essay by Joan Didion (an excerpt from her book Slouching Towards Bethlehem) I am even more challenged and intrigued to carry a notebook with me . If not for my future self, then for my past selves. 
"It all comes back. Perhaps it is difficult to see the value in having one's self back in that kind of mood , but I do see it; I think we are well advised to keep on nodding terms with people we used to be , whether we find them attractive company or not . Otherwise they turn up unannounced and surprise us , come hammering on the mind's door at 4 a.m. of a bad night and demand to know who deserted them , who betrayed them , who is going to make amends . We forget all too soon the things we thought we could never forget . We forget the love and betrayals alike , forget what we whispered and what we screamed , forget who we are. "

Thought Catalog is a site I visit more often to read things at random. And I do not deny the enjoyment I could get being in the site. I could even spend an entire day reading stuffs in there. I always get excited when something is posted by some of the authors I dig. One among them is Chelsea Fagan. She has a very exquisite way with just saying how  something feels; how to cope , and how to console someone who is going through whatever. She has an ability  to come and look at a topic in varied angles while still hitting the nail on its head . This post she wrote on How To Move On  was like someone on a megaphone yelling "YES CEE. SHE IS RIGHT. TAKE THESE WORDS TO-GO."
"Everyone will tell you that you are going to forget about this , that one day it will seem like  nothing , that it will be a blip  on the horizon behind you . But the thing is , at least at the moment , you don't want that to happen ."

Sooner or later , our memories will fade in the passing of time .We are not sure when , where , or how it will happen. Improbably it's true, but impossibly not so at least we've gotten a very good ounce of time to have written stuffs we want to be preserved in these sheets of paper.

And so I encourage you guys to always carry a piece of notebook or even a notepad or better yet sticky notes to bank all those everyday ideas and encounters you've got. It's even nice to have them place in our bedside table before we go to sleep because sometimes, best ideas pop out of our brains during dawn, and believe me they are the best ones but which you will surely forget in the morning you wake up. :)

Take the challenge then to do this little and minute change and trust me , it will surely have a very great effect.


Happy Saturday , Everyone! Thank you for spending a fraction of your time reading and staying in my site. Until then! :)
- Cee Brensan 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...