Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Words from Wise Women : Kate Winslet

"I wouldn't dream of working on something that didn't make my gut rumble and my heart want to explode." - Kate Winslet



Photo from Independent
Last Monday, my site has given birth to another category of post: Musings of Might Men. And so starting today , Wednesday in specific , yours truly will have to post exquisite quotes I found much more than amusing from wise women I look up to and adore. These quotes either mean to be sooo me or that they coincide my beliefs and/or principles in life or better yet they are just so perfect that they seem to stun my entire being . To begin with, let's have the ever gorgeous,  Kate Winslet . ;)

The very first moment I saw her was in Titanic back when I was in third grade. And as a young film viewer that time, who would ever forget that unsinkable ship , the Titanic with this beautiful lady and a very strategic and talented man? None of course!

Though we're on the same gender, I was mesmerized by her beauty. I so admired her even I was at the ripe age of  nine and I knew right that very moment, she was different among other actresses ( though for the fact I knew only a few back then ) She was real. Ever since then so many of her films have become my all-time favorites (the very recent  The Dressmaker, The Reader, The Holiday , Finding Neverland . . .  and the list goes on)  She's the type of actress I respect profusely ; fantastic at her craft , and so honest about life. She's really someone I'm proud to see in various magazine covers (which I do not own , hahahha) and someone I look up to when it comes to body image. :)

So here are a few of  her words of wisdom: 
"I was a wayward child , very passionate and very determined. If I made up my mind to something, there was no stopping me."
"Yes, my life is incredible but oh my god, I have to work at it. It's the same way for any working woman. You run and you work and  you try not to let anything drop."
"There are moments to indulge and enjoy , but I always know when to go home and wash my knickers." 
 "As a child, I never heard one woman say to me : 'I love my body.' Not my mother , my elder sister , my best friend. Not one woman has ever said : 'I am so proud of my body.' So, I make sure I say it to Mia because a positive physical outlook has to start  from a very early age."
"I think it's very important to teach your children to struggle on some level."
"I'd much rather be known as some curvy Kate  than as some skinny stick.
"Nobody is perfect. I just don't believe in perfection. But I do believe in saying, 'This is who I am and look at me not being perfect.' I'm proud of that."
 "There's more life than cheekbone."
"I need to be looked after. I'm not talking about diamond rings and  nice restaurants and fancy stuff --- in fact  that makes me uncomfortable. I didn't grow up with it and it's not me , you know. But I need someone to say to me : Shall I run you a bath?' or ' Let's go to the pub , just us.'"
"I do think that's important to young women to know that magazine covers are retouched.  People don't really look like that . In films I might look glamorous , but I've been in hair and make up for two hours." 
"Even now I do not consider myself to be some kind of great , sexy beauty . I don't mind the way I'm aging . No reason to panic just yet .  The Lord God Almighty  has done me proud with my features  which I'm proud of and have no desire to alter them. I say ' Let take its course."'
"I don't feel like a movie star  in my life at all , and I don't particularly think  I behave like one . I don't have my own plane . I don't have a chef or a trainer .  To me you're a movie star during the time you are at the Academy Awards or at an important glamorous event. It's very much a hat that you wear ,  and as soon as the event's over ,  that hat comes off.  I'm back to being me  and being Mommy , and that's my priority.''
"When you're the mother of  small children , life becomes a holiday."
"Life is short , and it's here to be lived." 
***


Ohhh , Kate! Such an inspiration you are! 
- Cee Brensan 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...