Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Words from Wise Women: Sandra Bullock

"I have so many people to thank for my good fortune , and this is once-in-a-lifetime experience, I know." - Sandra Bullock 


Photo from Perez Hilton
Talk about another person I look up to in the movie industry? Yes! Sandra Bullock, she is. Last Friday, the great Good Friday , my sisters and I had a little short staycation in a friend's house as they went to Bangkok to enjoy the Holy Week, we happened to watch the movie The Blind Side with of course the ever stunning, Sandra. 

As I watched the movie I am reminded of her immense prowess in acting which could make you either laugh so achingly or cry so sweetly. She just has this undeniable ability to make her audience , in whatever film , she's in love her the most. She's just so fierce yet so gentle , bold yet unnerved, and above all comedian yet not. She's just a perfect combination of all those opposites which made me so much satisfied whenever I watch a movie of her. Watch her The Proposal, The Blind Side, Miss Congeniality, While You Were Sleeping , The Lake House, Hope Floats , 28 Days, All About Steve and  lot more then you'll surely have hard time adjusting your jaw from too much laughing , eyes from too much crying , and heart from too much hurting  back to their normal being.

And the introductory quote , which speaks of my life's status at the moment  , I used kept reappearing on my mind as I watched her and so I told myself, she deserves to be in my blog so whenever I just think of her outlooks in life I can just open my site, and so this happens.

Others of my favorites are these:

"I've been granted so many times with different experiences."
"When someone who cares about you hugs you , hug them back with two arms. Don't do the one armed hug. 'Cause when you hug with two arms ,  it allows you to lean on somebody and we always need someone to lean on."
"Sometimes , questions come at you that you just don't know how to answer."
"Composing means you have beginning , middle , and end and a fluidity to what you are doing ."
"Beginnings are usually scary and ending are usually sad , but it's the middle that counts. You have to remember this when you find yourself in the beginning."
" . . . relationships that start under intense circumstances , they  never last."
" . . . there is no race , no religion , no class system , no color , nothing , no sexual orientation , that makes us better than anyone else . We are all deserving of love."
"I have to step up and be the best version of myself so whatever is asked of me , I can produce.  So yes ,  everyday I'm grateful."
"I've made peace with the fact that the thing that I thought were weaknesses or flaws were just me. I like them."
"You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family. We're all family --- an extended family."
"I was rejected in school because I didn't look like the big-breasted, beautiful girls. I was awkward and sad. My mother always said, "Be Original", but I didn't understand until I changed to be like everyone else. Once I fit in, I was like, "What have I done? I realized that my friends before were much cooler, with a great sense of humor and a way of looking at the world that was more fun. But if I haven't gone through that I wouldn't have been drive to make my oddities cool. It's what made me have a sens of humor and a thick skin. 
"I'm a true believer in karma . You get what you give whether it's good or bad."
"If I die tomorrow, will I have gotten everything in the world I've ever wanted? No. But I will have gotten everything that made me the happiest."

And because my life's season at the very moment , if I am to say , is at its peak of success,  this one summarizes everything:
"Success comes in a very prickly package. Whether you choose to accept it or not, is up to you."
"Nothing is a failure , it's just not supposed to work out that way because something better is supposed to come along."

* * *

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...