Sunday, February 24, 2013

Random Formula #4: Music + Headset = ME (Reasons to Make Music Your Inspiration)







It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.”
 

Vincent van Gogh
When we love many things we also have inspirations. It is a very variable phenomenon. It is hard to tell when it comes; hard to predict when it will leave you; but it is always a feast when you are inspired. You start to see random things in a new unexpected way; you notice the slightest details; and even the most common object can suddenly seem like a piece of art that can stir up your feelings of admiration and delight.  Inspiration is a wonderful state, since, when inspired, we are most productive, most cheerful and most happy. So, no wonder that looking for inspiration is something we all do in one way or another, whether we realize it or not. In a way, our whole life, studying in colleges and universities, going out, searching for a job, choosing a profession, and getting married – everything, is about finding that particular state of inspiration that we have come to call happiness. But, in this life-long race for something extraordinary to excite us, we sometimes get tired of running and searching. Then we suddenly stop, only to find out that nothing horrible happened and drawing brakes is a normal and necessary measure for everyone. When life has too much stress, too much noise and too much rush, it’s good to put your headphones on, put on your favorite playlist and close your eyes, giving way to music.

“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.”Plato
Music can be very different. There are so many musical styles and streams today that it is hard to even classify a particular song, because it may have strains of several music trends. There is an instrumental music and there are songs with lyrics; there are those classical, popular, recorded and live of its kind. To me, music is more than just a way to relax and take a break. Music is my companion for life, my indicator of mood, my best advisor and my own little world. I would never call music a hobby, for I certainly know that music hates me but I certainly can’t imagine my life without my all time favorite music. ^^ There is a playlist for when I am sad, for when I am happy, for when I am thoughtful, excited, angry, adventurous or sleepy. Music is always walking right next to me, helping me cope with the emotions that I experience every day. Sometimes, music is my way of hiding from everything and everyone. Other times, music is the best way to share my feelings with people I care about, or even with complete strangers. And for the least instance, music simply helps me sleep. So you see? Music is always there and it is the most inspirational thing I can think of, for various reasons.

First, music for me is a world of emotions and every time I hear a song I like, it shares some of these emotions with me. Music can bring up my most tender and anxious feelings. It can move me in time and space by bringing back certain very special memories for which I am craving. There were many cases when music sent shivers down my spine,so powerful, so honest and strong where the tunes  awakened all of those well-remembered mem'ries.. I am sure it happened to everyone at least once, that a very strong memory is somehow linked to a certain song or tune and whenever you hear it playing, you travel back to that situation in your thoughts, able to experience that all over again. We sometimes forget how extremely powerful music is and how inspirational its power can be.


Another reason to prove how inspiring music can be is concealed in the fact that music is able to unite people like nothing else can. Sure, sports, mutual interests and similar experiences can unite people in a greater way. But, what about those cases when people have nothing in common and are total strangers, yet they suddenly find themselves holding hands and singing along, dancing, or simply silently listening to the captivating beats. Music is able to make complete strangers feel like they have connected to a kindred soul. If you have at least once been to a great live concert, you probably know what kind of inspiration I am talking about. It is hard to describe this phenomenon with words, but isn’t it what again proves the power of music over words? It can tell so much more and in such a universal way. You do not need to speak a foreign language to connect to somebody from a different background using music instead of words. Music comes in hand in just these cases. And then, all of a sudden, you may find that music gave you much more than you expected. It will inspire us to make new friends or learn more about a foreign culture. With music, there are no borders and no limits.

Moreover, music is so different, so versatile and so multi-dimensional, that you can never get bored. While I have a number of favorite artists and bands, I also never stop exploring the musical amplitude and discovering new performers every day. Music adds flavor to my life and this flavor is different depending on '‘what dish I am eating’'. Music can be so much more than just an accompaniment – it is a full-fledged spice that can accentuate, muffle or supplement any experience. If I were to leave for a deserted island and could only take a few things, my player and a couple of sun-charging batteries would be my choice. That way, I could always adjust to the environment around me and find inspiration where others might find devastation and frustration.

Realistically speaking, music is nothing new to us. People have been creating and sharing music for centuries now and I am sure that this will never really stop. In fact, I believe that music has been around us for as long as we have existed; it has been walking next to people all along. When I say that music is everywhere, I first of all mean that music comes from nature – the sound of crackling straw in the field, rustling trees in the grove, or the magical murmur of a fast mountain stream. Music in all of its forms is around us every day and the task is only to notice it and learn to appreciate what it is able to share. Music is a source of inspiration for practically anybody, since it can find a special unique key to suite any lock, even the most complicated and tenacious. After all, music is able to just make us want to smile with every stranger walking by, simply because we are hearing a great song.

“And I thought about how many people have loved those songs. And how many people got through a lot of bad times because of those songs. And how many people enjoyed good times with those songs. And how much those songs really mean. I think it would be great to have written one of those songs. I bet if I wrote one of them, I would be very proud. I hope the people who wrote those songs are happy. I hope they feel it's enough. I really do because they've made me happy. And I'm only one person.”
Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
 . . . so believe me if I'll say a person's favorite music speaks fondly a lot about himself.^^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...