Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Grande: A BUZZING School Year

“A teacher who cannot explain any abstract subject to a child does not himself thoroughly understand his subject; if he does not attempt to break down his knowledge to fit the child's mind, he does not understand teaching.” 


June 2012 started another school year for me in Misamis Union High School. I once thought that I'll be handling 2nd Year still which gave me the thought that I'll be able to have my class, which I had been an adviser for a couple of weeks or if not I'll be going another step higher. That would mean I'll have to be the 3rd year adviser. . .

(left-right) Den-Den, Ferdel,Joshua (at my back), Dana, Jemima during the school's celebration of World's Teacher's Day 2011
 . . .and thus I'll have the same group of students just like my previous school year.
(left-right) Ryan, Sophia, Marge, MEEE ^^ , Joshua, Ferdel, Ace, Tam-Tam, Chanel, Den-Den, Eunice and Vincel in front     My 2nd Year Class School Year 2011-2012 during our Christmas Party


But then, the my expectations failed me for I handled neither of the two year levels. Instead , the 1st year was given to me. It was a total adjustment for me for I never handled their class yet as it was their "first" year in high school. I did not have any second thoughts when the class was handed to me. However, when I first entered the classroom seeing them, first impressions popped so quickly out of nowhere in my thoughts. That they are:

. . .indiscreet, 
. . .unmanageable,

. . .impulsive,

. . .belligerent,

. . .and cantankerous,  rude, passive, pugnacious, spiteful, antagonistic and above all ruffianly.
. . .a photo taken when they're in 6th Grade
 
But then as school days had gone through and as I studied their personalities and behaviors little by little, I've come to fathom each of them. Hence, making all my "first" impressions unrealistic. They were one-of-a-kind. They all are friendly, sweet, affectionate, and thoughtful in their own simple ways. The time we spent together, during my subject and our homeroom period, helped us built a strong foundation of friendship and unity. Yes, they were once detached from each other but had overcome such and had learned to love each other fairly. Other than our "classroom" periods, the school's activities also helped us strengthen our bond. 

NUTRITION MONTH
Rei-sen, Jason, Yan2x, and Charrizel
Sofia, Mico, Lother, Patrick, and Rafael
. . .with my gurls Sham2x, Gwyn, and Pia

FAMILY DAYS



. . .and who would ever forget the school's FOUNDATION DAY, wherein we had, as what have long been practiced, the cheerdance competition. We settled for a name first. We had Phoenix, Sphinx, Minotaur, and Cerberus. The class tackled such notion for weeks until we came up with a very good name which I precisely agreed fits us all. My first year's buzzing sound and their sizes undeniably fit OUR (including me as I am their QUEEN according to them) name. The HORNETS! Right that moment we baptized our class as the "FRESHMEN HORNETS". Name, checked! Uniform, checked! Props, checked! But the dance and music??? A PROBLEM.   I really had a BIG trouble about this for:
1st- we were not allowed to get a trainer,
2nd- although my students can dance, none of them can really teach the big class
3rd- which left me the last option to teach, train, and choreograph the class
4th- I'm into dancing yet I don't have any idea about the what and what not to teach for a cheerdance
5th - PLUS it's a COMPETITION

So, practices started and I, yes had taught them their steps. Problem may it seem for I've never done doing such for competition but, fortunately my kids never complained and instead, they were united. Though we had the thought that we'll never make it to winning, yet I've never seen any sign of negativity from them. Practices went well. I got mad at times but ended up laughing with them. 
Rafael's stolen shot of me teaching them the "HEADSTAND"  ^^
. . .water break with Yan2x
. . .camera break with Pia, Klyde, and Xtian @ the back
 We indeed, had so much fun. After our practices we would eat together. .

Pia, Sham2x, Xtian, Klyde, and Altrexy @ Mcdo
 . . .and stroll the city together, too.


 . . .and the most awaited day, our so-called "JUDGEMENT Day" finally came.
. . .a pose before they'd danced
. . .and the ball started rolling
. . .an aerial view ^^


. . .while they were doing their best in showcasing what they've got and for making me proud, all I did was cheer to them with all my might and with a heart beating like a drum. I had been their # 1 fan all throughout.^^ Their all out dancing with faces showing to all that they were enjoying what they were doing were already enough for me. 

. . .and seeing these faces though we were announced as the 4th placer ONLY,  was HEAVENLY. Their sportsmanship was another thing that had me overwhelmed and at the same time made me so proud of them.



CHRISTMAS PARTY




RAFAEL'S PRE-BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION


. . .so happy to have settled these two ( Eri and Joshua) before we parted our ways. ^^

Time went so swift with them. The school year has ended and gone will be the laughter, teases, enjoyment, and my "chit-chats" with them but the memories I once shared with these students made my teaching endeavors non-exhaustive and hence, worthwhile. This bunch of faces may have made me mad at some point but they never failed to make me smile at the end of the day. Each of them had shown to me their appreciation of having me as their adviser in their own "childish" way. Hence, at times I have to act as if I'm one of them for if I have not, we may never establish the deep relationship we all had. They understand me in every single way as I am to them. There will be much that I will miss about my mga anak.


Patrick - for his simple and corny jokes but still can make me laugh and for his constant "Maam, Maam, Maam" and when I'll turn to him he'll just smile ^^
Michael - for his thoughtfulness and eagerness to answer my questions promptly and for the "human whiskers" that we both are similar of
Brian - for his weekly "thank you for teaching me Teacher, Christ" and for telling me he wants to learn a lot because of me and for the invisible world with invisible creatures he had discovered together with Christian
Rafael - his way of telling everyone in his unconscious acts that he is an "Am-Chi" (American-Chinese) who wants to try all sort of things without much ado, and the one who keeps taking stolen shots of me
Joshua - for his daily "chit-chats" to me about anything under the sun and talking to me while holding my arm/ hands every after our morning exercise and for being my stalker who's always updated about what I've done via FB
Jason -  my "sahia" who's always very good in pa-chuy-chuy and who's gifted with a pair of hands who knows carpentry and a good prospect for being an artist or architect and just like Rafael, he keeps taking stolen pic of me
Matt - for his "cute voice'' and for showing to me that he is undeniably small but terrible for he had the brains
Klyde - for his silliness in telling me that he bought in whatever country/continent the "whatever" I've worn in a day that he'd immediately spotted and I'll surely miss saying his name whenever we walk out of the classroom after our homeroom period. "Klyde, please don't forget to close the door when everyone leaves." ^^
Christian -  the cutest in my class whom I usually teases as my grade 3 student with his killer smile^^
Adrian - for being to boisterous in the class who's always been the "guy-next-door'' and who loves music
Rei-sen - my "sleepyhead" in the class who's quick in saying "BOOM! Connecticut!" which made me turn so red because of laughing
Lother -  for being  so "kulit" and so nosy about whatever color of lipstick I've used 
. . . and above all, I'll be missing fixing the collars and the ID cords of these boys. :(


Charrizel - for her intellect and humility who's feet are always on the ground and her being open to me. Her kindness marks a great aspect as to who she really is.
Gywneth - her simple ways of thanking me through giving me Jude Deveraux's novels, and her unhesitatingly borrowing of money (eg. plete, palit tubig, libre ug Mcdo and etc.) ^^
Noiree -  her way of listening to me everytime I discuss our lessons, it showed her hungry for knowledge and the way she tries to tell me she likes me as her teacher, a simple yet heartwarming act
Altrexy - her unconscious singing loudly in the middle of discussion and her laugh and my "disco-girl" in the class ^^
Sofia -  for our memories with Maam Bucua whenever she's called eitherway in the discipline office or in the library, but never fails to open to me everything that really happened
Eri -  my "Jap-Chi" student who's afraid of having me as her Algebra teacher, telling me she'll drop or transfer to another school if that will happen, hahaahahh ^^

. . .my girls share one characteristic in common. And that is they are all open to me. They never hesitated to tell me what went wrong or what had badly happened in a day. Thus, this made me so blessed having them for not all students can open up anything to their teacher as what I had been during my school days.

 Both my boys and my girls are never far from me. They are as always close to me and I'm glad for that. It's their simple way of showing that they value and respect me. ^^

 If there is one thing that I'm thankful about the cheerdance practices and competition, that is we were able to link ourselves in a way no other can break. Having them wanting to have me as their adviser STILL when they'll be 2nd year is more than enough for me. It made my heart grow fatter for their simple "plea" had made me feel so satisfactory about myself. However,as what I've told them I hold nothing about making the decisions as to who will my advisory class be, but then as always, I am here for them and that they can always count on me.  I've always been so happy that I've shared a momentous year with you mga ANAK! ^^


. . .featuring their stolen and edited pics. Thanks mga ANAK ^^

Jason's
Jason's shot of me saying. "You cannot get out of this classroom unless the room is clean."

Sofia's
maam summer is fast approaching and i"ll surely miss you oh and i just wanted to say that thank youuu for everything and im sorry that everytime maam bucua will call you kta jd duha partner hehe and i am so thankful that you are our adviser this year i thought you were a lil bit snobish maldita and strikta and im scareed of you haha but suddenly what i thought was opposite yaay im soo english paka kahit wrong grammar ang iba and nobody cares atleast kahit na low grades ko you were there for me everytime im low and im so blessed to have you as my adviser wotwot and oh i'll always be thankful to be one of your students maam even though sometimes you are very kj and sometimes murag nasubraan sa tambal magkuyog2 ka nmo im very thankful to have you and as we grow old i wont forget you maam the times na ni iyak ka and on the good the bad the ugly the smile so laugh the funny hahaha loveeyaaasooomuuuuch maaam xoxo ♥
Joshua's
Cee Brensan AKA Christ Zanoria,thank you for everything and I will surely miss you. I will always be thankful to be one of your students. I have never met anyone like you. I will never forget our memories in the class. Most of all I will miss my most talkative friend.
I hope that our friendship will last forever.

Thanks for everything ❤
-Joshua G

 Eri's
I'm glad to be your student, a million thanks to you. You are the most GWAPA teacher in the world. Thank you for believing me and teaching me. I will never forget you. thank you maam♥

1 comment:

maryrosalieo said...

wow!!! what an enjoyable year indeed!!! heart-warming jud ning teacher ta :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...