Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Sunday Currently VI: Calligraphic Moment


"There is always something to be thankful for." 
It's Sunday again and today is such a wonderful way to start the week. True to what I have crafted above, we always have something to be thankful for. We just have to find what these things , places , people are. We should always navigate ourselves away from whatever may drag us down so as the rest of our days in the week will not be affected. Come and take a sneak peak of  my Sunday and know what I am thankful for. What about you, what are you thankful for? :)


. . . the book I started last week , my second Gary Chapman's  book ,Happily Ever After : Six Secrets to a Successful Marriage . I just realized this book requires me to read a chapter a day . Hence , I decided to so. Will have to wait for the husband to come so I can share to him whatever learning I can get from my reading :) 

Writing
. . . scribbles in my calligraphy notebook of which the husband brought to me for a year and a half ago. Yeah, I know! He's such a tolerant of all what's I'm into. He spoils me a lot. Thanks to the One up high for the destiny he made for us. :) 

Listening
. . . to one of my favorite worship songs , Thank You Lord by Don Moen

Hearing
. . . the kids' happy chanting and some unlikable teasing

Thinking
. . .  how kids of today are way too exposed to things of which are not very suitable at their age. For instance , I heard from their teases the curses they utter to their playmates when at my current age I still find it hard to say .  What happens to that very famous quote  which states "The children is the hope of the nation" ?  :( 

Smelling
. . . some parents who have forgotten the attention needed by their children to be really guided in their formative and growing years. What I've actually heard is really beyond alarming. :(

Wishing
. . . for that very good news from the husband

Hoping
. . . and hoping to finally have him around the house this week, missing him BIG TIME!

Wearing
. . . this plain pink shirt 

Loving
. . . the ideas of having two holidays this week. The 12th and the 15th of June :)

Wanting
. . . to pay a visit and take time to goof around with my other dogs ,  Riri the Peruvian Inca Orchid and Baby the I-don't-know-what-kind-of-dog-it-is, in my parents' house . Long to have them around. Been seeing them seldom since I moved out of our house. :( 

Needing
. . . a long vacation. Who doesn't? hahah

Feeling
. . . so blessed and thankful now that I get to finally teach the subject I had been longing to teach for three years (since I was employed in public school, I never get to teach my Major). And so I'm kind of expressing my great gratitude to the previous Department head I had in TLE Mam Rodelia Balcita for it was through her that I get to explore , go out of my comfort zone , and realize there is more of me other than teaching English alone. It was through her of which my baby steps in DepEd became more of a challenge than that of fear. Her guidance helped me develop my weaknesses and unfold the strengths I have. It was through her that I get to live out how important the subject is for the learner's future.  And it was also through her that I get to meet wonderful people in that department, Maam Merit, Maam Bebe, Mam Darel and a lot more. Daghan kaayong salamat Mam Del! You will always be one of the best mentors I have! :) 

Would also like to express my immeasurable appreciation to the MAPEH Department, my 2nd year Mapeh Teacher back then , Ma'am Lorena Rivera for choosing me to handle the subject Creative Writing in the SPA Curriculum. I may not be the perfect person for the subject, for sure no one is, but I will really do all the best I can to share and impart not only the knowledge I know but so are the values I have to my learners. Thank  you Mam for the trust. 

And another "Thank You" goes to my current Department Head Teacher, Mam Clariza Catedral for finally having me in the department I belong to. I have not started the school year yet, but I get to finally found myself new family through the people I was with during the RTOT in CdeO. Salamat  kaau ug dako Mam Clar, myheart is just so full as  my school year began!!!

Above anybody else, to the One above for constantly being my North Star as I wander in the vastness of the dark ocean. Without His grace , wisdom,  guidance and love , I am one piece of nothing especially for the shortcomings I had in the past,  have at present and  might have in the future. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...