Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Quotes from Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Bookish Mardi: Quotes from Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi


"Good intentions are great, but they don't change facts."
- Tahereh Mafi



Book Summary


tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like he - people with gifts - and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance. 

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible. 

In this exhilarating sequel  to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing her heart - and Adam's life. (Source : Goodreads)



Remarkable Lines from the Book

"Ideas are caried in pockets, thoughts propped up on the tips of every tongue; eyes are narrowed in concentration, in careful planning I should want to know about." - Juliette

". . . time is beyond our finite comprehension. It's endless, it exists outside of us; we cannot run out of it or lose track of it or find a way to hold on to it. Time goes on even when we do not." - Juliette

". . .  everything is connected in a way we don't yet understand." - Castle

"Good intentions are great, but they don't change facts." - Kenji

". . .  you have to learn how to control what you do - how to contain it. You have to deal with who you are and you have to figure out how to live with it." - Kenji

"I don't have to a closet filled with umms and ellipses ready to insert at the beginnings and ends of sentences. I don't know how to be a verb, an adverb, any kind of modifier. I'm a noun through and through." - Juliette

"Bad news offers no returns once received." - Juliette

"How is it possible that I'm this close to you and it's killing me that you're still so far away." - Castle

"I wanted to believe in fairy tales and happy endings and pure possibility." - Juliette

"I thought I could live out the stories I'd read in so many books when I was a child." - Juliette


"We are synonyms but not the same." - Juliette

". . . it's so difficult to fight what you cannot control." - Juliette

"Loneliness is a strange sort of thing." - Juliette

". . . sometimes there are people out there who still manage to smile every day, despite everything." - Juliette

"Hope can make people do terrible things." - Juliette

". . . things can get better as long as power is put in the right hands." - Juliette

". . . people seeking power are not to be trusted." - Juliette

"You're not the only person in this world who doesn't want to get out of bed in the morning." - Kenji

"Sometimes I wonder about glue. No one ever stops to ask glue how it's holding up. If it's tired of sticking things together or worried about falling apasrt." - Juliette

"Because sometimes you see yourself - you see yourself the way you could be - the way you might be if things were different. And if you look too closely, what you will see will scare you, it'll make you wonder what you might do if given the opportunity. You know there's a different side of yourself you don't want to recognize, a side you don't want to see in the daylight. You spend your whole life soing everything to push it sown and away, out of sight, out of mind. You pretend that a piece of yourself doesn't exist." - Juliette

"I see the world about its people and what it's become and think about hope and maybe and possibly and possibility and potential." - Juliette

"Hope. It's like a drop of honey, a field of tulips blooming in the springtime. It's fresh rain, a whispered promise, a cloudless sky, the perfect punctuation mark at the end of a sentence." - Juliette

"It's always so frustating when people waste my time." - Supreme COmmander Anderson

". . . why even have a love affair? I never understood that kind of crap. If you're not happy, just leave. Don't cheat." - Kenji

"I'm all out of letters. Fresh out of words. Someone has robbed me of my entire vocabulary." - Juliette

"You broke up with me. You gave up on us - on out entire future together. You basically reached in and ripped my heart out and now you're asking me if I'm okay? How the hell am I supposed to be okay, Juliette? What kind of question is that?" - Adam

- Adam 

"There's glue all over my tongue, stuck to my teeth, my lips, the foor of my mouth, and I can't speak, I can't move, I'm pretty sure I just had a seizure or an aneurysm or heart failure or something equally as awful." - Juliette

"I don't know what it is about sleep that makes our faces appear so soft and innocent, so peaceful and vulnerable." - Juliette

". . . some people are too far gone, that sometimes you can't turn back, that there are problem in this world who don't deserve a second chance." - Juliette

"What a lie appearances can be. What a terrible, terrible lie." - Juliette

"I don't know why my heart is losing  its mind." - Juliette

"The books. . .they helped keep me from losing my mind altogether." - Juliette

". . . soldier does not always have to agree in order to obey." - Adam

- Juliette

"Books are easily destroyed. But words will remain as long as people can remember them." - Warner

Photo from web

Photo from web

"I know who I am. That's enough for me." - Warner

"On the darkest days you have to search for a spot of brightness." - Aaron Warner

". . . the only people who matter in this wretched world are the ones with real power." - Warner

"My loyalties lie with those who know how to live. I only have two options in this game. Kill or be killed." - Warner

". . . sometimes, especially when frightened, people will not react positively." - Castle

"Only those who cannot express themselves intelligently would resort to such crude substitutions in vocabulary." - Warner

"We don't have to do anything at all to die." 

". . . love is like a vroken tire swing, an inborn child, a fistful of wishbones. It's all possibility and potential, wrong and right stepd toward a future we're not even guaranteed." - Juliette

"I am the encarnation of error." - Juliette

"I know my own heart. I know who I am. Don't you dare pity me." - Warner

"The truth is a paintful reminder of why I prefer to live among lies." - Warner

". . . death is a strange, distant thing you've only ever seen happen to people you've never known and surely it doesn't happen to me, to you, to any of the rest of us." - Juliette

"For 17 years I tried to force myself into a mold that I hoped would make other people feel comfortable, safe, unthreatened. And it never helped." - Juliette

"Impossible is such a stupid word." - Juliette

-Juliette

"Mass chaos is in my future." - Juliette



Thanks for sparing your time visiting my blog. You can also visit my Shatter Me Book Review and keep posted for the quotes from the third book, Ignite Me. Enjoy! ^_^
- Cee Brensan 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...