Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Quotes from Unite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Bookish Mardi : Quotes from Ignite Me
 ( Destroy Me and Fracture Me Novellas) by Tahereh Mafi


"I've come to believe that the most dangerous man in the world is the one who feels no remorse. The one who never apologizes and therefore seeks no forgiveness. Because in the end, it is our emotions that make us weak, not our." - Tahereh Mafi




Book Summary


This book collect Tahereh Mafi's two companion novellas, Fracture Me and Destroy Me, which also includes and exclusive look into Juliette's journal and a preview of Ignite Me, the hotly anticipated final novel of the series.

Destroy Me tells the events between Shatter Me and Unravel Me from Warner's point of view. Even though Juliette shot him in order to escape, Warner can't stop thinking about her - and he'll do anything to get her back. But when The Supreme Commander of the The Reestablishment arrives, he has much different plans for Juliette. Warner cannot allow.

Fracture Me on the other hand is tolf from Adam's perspectve which bridges the gap between Unravel Me and Ignite Me. As the Omega Point rebels prepare to fight the Sector 45 soldiers, Adam's more focused on the safety of Juliette, Kenji, and his brother. The Reestablishment will do anything to to crush the resistance . . . including killing everyone Adam cares about. (Source : Goodreads)




Remarkable Lines from the Book

A. Destroy Me
"There's no point in prolonging bad news." - Warner 


"Sometimes I wish I could step outside of myself for a while. I want to leave this worn body  behind, but my chains are too many, my weights too heavy. This life is all that's left to me. And I know I won't be able to meet myself in the mirror for the rest of the day." - Warner

"I will give no one the satisfaction of my death." - Warner


"Stand by your convictions. Form clear and logical arguments." - Warner

"I have sentenced myself to a life of solitude, one wherein I have no peers, and no mind but my own to live." - Warner

"Friendship is not a thing I have ever experienced." - Warner

"I want so much to be a part of her world. I want to know what it's like to be in her mind, to feel what she feels. It seems tremendous weight to carry." - Warner

"Torture is not torture when there's any hope of release." - Warner

". . . what's the point of screaming if you'll never be heard." - Juliette


"It's a strange sort of thing, to never know peace. To know that no matter where you go,  there is no sanctuary. That the threat of pain is always a whiper away." - Juliette

"My thoughts are tangled in words that are not my own." - Warner

"Terror, I realize, is one of the easiest feelings to read." - Warner

"My thoughts, I think, will soon be sound. My mind, I hope, will soon be found." - Juliette

"I imagine what it would be like. To smile and be smiled upon." - Juliette

"I wonder what it would be like to have a friend." - Juliette

"Empathy is not an emotion I've ever known, but now it's drowning me, pulling me into a world I never knew I could enter." - Warner

"Because while the world changed for everyone else, it always stayed the same for me. Regimented. Isolated. Bleak." - Warner

"I've always been taught to focus on power and pain, gaining and inflicting."  - Warner

"I don't consider myself a moral man. I do not philosophize about life od bother witeh the laws and principles that govern most peopl. I do not pretend to know the difference between right and wrong. But I do live by a certain kind of code." - Warner

". . . some days I wonder why I insist on keeping myself alive." - Warner

". . .  my body seems to know my need right now than my mind does." - Warner

"I've come to believe that the most dangerous man in the world is the one who feels no remorse." - Warner

"People seldom realize that they tell lies with their lips and truths with their eyes all the time." - Warner

"Act quietly son. Do not show your moves." - Supreme Commander

"It would be a waste to lose something I've invested so much time in." - Warner

"I'm safe in the company of her thoughts; I feel welcome, somehow. Understood." - Warner

"Love is a hearless bastard."  - Warner

- Juliette


 Fracture Me

". . . sometimes I think the harder I try to hold on, the more she breaks away." - Adam

". . . we fight to protect the innocene and we fight to survive." - Warner

"War never gets easier when you don't agree with what's going on."  - Adam 

"A weak link can bring everything down withseems, is it." - Adam

"I'm one part furious and one part terrified, and the two are having a battle of their own." - Adam

"Sleep, it seems, is the only thing that will come." -  Adam

"The truth comes back quickly." - Adam

"Battle was necessary, but cleaning it upwas jjst as crucial." - Adam

"Losing a parent is excruciating."  - Adam

- Juliette



Hope you enjoyed viewing my page. You can also che my Shatter Me book review , Quotes from Unravel Me and Quotes from Ignite Me. Be updated for Why We Broke Up next  Tuesday. ^_^
- Cee Brensan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...