Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Quotes from Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Bookish Mardi: Quotes from Allegiant by Veronica Roth 


". . . even tiny drops of water, over time, can change the rock forever. And it will never change back." - Veronica Roth 




Book Summary

One choice will define you.

What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation - like a single choice - changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered - fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limit she's known, Tris is ready. Peraps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled by loyalties and painful memories.

But Tris new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the heart of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature - and of herself - while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice and love. (Source: Wikipedia)



Remarkable Lines from the Book

"Every question that can be answered must be answered or at least engaged. Illogical thought processes must be challenged when they arise. Wrong answers must be corrected. Correct answers must be affirmed." - From the Erudite faction manifesto


". . . she looks pale and small but her eyes make me think of wide-open skies that I have never actually seen, only dreamed of." - Tobias

"I feel like everything inside me is vibrating with energy, in anticipation of what is to come." I am free." - Tris

" People always organize into groups. That's a fact of our existence." - Evelyen Eaton

"Some people will always fear change." - Evelyn Eaton

"Chaos and destruction do tend to take away a person's dating possibilities." - Tris

"I would like to experience this 'date' phenomenon." - Tobias

"I don't know if you can understand what it was like to wake up alone, and know that you had gone . . . to Erudite." - Tobias

"I'm reliable. You can trust me. And you can let me be the judge of what I can handle." - Tris

"A day contains many anger." - Random Voice

"No matter what, this will be over soon." - Four

"Being honest doesn't mean you say whatever you want, whenever you want. It means that what you choose to say is true.' - Christina

". . . when you kill someon you love, the hardest part is never over. it just gets easier to distract yourself from what you've done." -  Tris

". . . it is easier to let someone die just because they wronged you. Forgive, forgive, forgive." - Tris

"I was still afraid of him , I knew, but in a different way - I was no longer a child, afraid of the threat my terrifying father posted to my safety. I was a man, afraid of the threat he posted to my character, to my future, to my identity." - Tobias

"I wonder if fears really go away, or if thy just lose their power over us." - Tris

"Take away someone's fear, or low intelligence, or dishonesty. . . and you take away their compassion. Take away someone's aggression and you and you take away their motivation, or their ability to assess themselves. Tkae away their selfishness and you take away their sense of self-preservation." - David

". . . every faction loses  something when it gains a virtue: the Dauntless, brave but cruel; the Erudite, intelligent but vain; the Amity, peaceful but passive; the Candor, honest but inconsiderate; the Abnegation, selfless but stifling." - Tris

"Humanity has never been perfect." - David


"People, even genetically damaged, make choices. That's what mattes." - Amar

"Theinternal war doesn't seem like a product of genetic damage - it seems completey, purely human." - Tris

". . . if we can just be friends or lovers or siblings, defined instead by choices we make and the love and loyalty that binds us." - Tris

"If you see someone in trouble, you should help them." - Tris

"I know some things - I know that I'm not alone, that I have friends, that I'm in love. I know where I came from. I know that I want to die, and for me, that's something." - Tris

"People can't be trusted to lie consistently." - Amar

"Tricking someone into grief is one of the cruelest tricks a person can play." - Tris

". . . even tiny drops of water, over time, can change the rock forever. And it will never change back." - Zoe

"Doing a little at once can fix something but when you believe that something is truly a problem, you throw everything you have at it, because you just can't help yourself." - Tris

". . . to share is to be self-indulgent." - Tobias

"Desperation can make a peson do surprising things." - Tobias

"Death could not erase her; she is permanent." - Tris

"Every human being has a limitation." - Nita

"Everyone has to blame somethinf for the way the world is." - Tris

". . . if everyone would just keep learning about the world around them, they would have far fewer problems." - Tris

"There's an old phrase.Knowledge is power. Power to do evil, or power to do good. . . Power itself is not evil. So knowledge itself is not evil." - Matthew

". . .power should only be given to people who don't want it." - Tris

"Our ability to know about ourselves and the world is what makes us human." - Matthew

". . . we all decide our children's fates just by making our own life decisions." - Tris

"He is stronger than anyone I know, and warmer than anyone else realizes; he is a secret I have kept, and will keep for the rest of my life." - Tris

Photo from Web

"People are supposed to fear others, not themselves. People are supposed to aspire to become their fathers, not shudder at the thought." - Tobias

"People are just divided by different things, fighting different wars." - Tobias

"Why spend so much time and energy fighting something that isn't really a problem?" - Tobias

"You don't believe things because they make your life better, you believe them because they are true." - Christina
Tris: Don't for a second think that I actually believe she's not interested in you for more than your genetic code.
Tobias: Well, don't for a second think I'm intersted in anyone but you.

". . . everyone has some evil inside them, and the first step to loving anyone is to recognize the same evil in ourselves, so we're able to forgive them." - Tobias

"Pride blinds people to the truthof what they are." - Tris

"Sometimes we need to fight for peace." -  Johanna

". . . all evil men, that someone, they look just like good men, talk like good men just as likable as good men." - Tris

"If someone offers you the opportunity to get closer to your enemy, you always take it." - Tris

"All land is filled with people, everyone of them different, and the things they do to each other matter." - Tobias

- Tobias

"The entire compound can't possibly know what their leaders have done." - Tris

"Some people's anger makes them want to kill everyone they perceive as an enemy. Some people's make them constructivee." - Random Woman

". . .the power to male people fear you is the only power you need." - Tobias

"We can't pretend that we don't belong there anymore, while we're living in relative safety in this place, but we do. We always will." - Tobias

- Tris

"She still approaches anything with a question instead of an answer. It is something I admire about her." - Tobias

"It's strange how time can make a place shrink, make its strangeness ordinary." - Tris

". . . when you have to choose between two bad options, you pick the one that saves the people you love and believe in the most.' - Tris

Tris: Christina, you haven't lost me. You'll never lose me.
Christina: Thanks.You won't lose me either.

"There is a difference between admitting and cofessing. Admitting involves softening, making excuses for things that cannot be excused; confessing just names the crime at its full severity." - Tris

". . . when someon wrongs you, you both share the burden of that wrongdoing - the pain of it weighs on both of you. Forgiveness, then, means choosing to bear the full weight all by yourself." - Tris

". . . if the sacrifice is the ultimate way for that person to show you that they love you, you should let them do it." - Tobias

". . . that's what love does, when it's right - it makes you more that you were, more than you thought you could be." -  Tris

"I am too strong to break so easily, and I become better, sharper, every time I touch him." - Tris

"Lucky is better than unlucky." - Tobias

"Sometimes,  all it takes to save people from a terrible fate is one person willing to do something about it." - Tobias

"Have you really forgiven me, or are you just saying that because I'm about to die?" - Caleb

". . . maybe forgiveness is just the continual pushing aside of bitter memories, until time dulls the hurt and the anger, and the wrong is forgotten." - Tris

"Caleb, I love you."
"I love you, too, Beatrice."

"I am powerful and invincible and eternal." - Tris

". . . sacrifice should be done from love.
. . . it should be done for people who need your strength because they don't have enough of their own." - Tris

"They'll care for each other. That's what people do." - Tris

". . . change is difficult, and comes slowly, and that it is the work of many days strung together in a long line until the origin of them is forgotten." - Tobias

"Sometimes you have to take difficult measures to ensure peace." - Johanna

"I have always hated the emptiness that winter brings." - Tobias

"All I can do is stand still - I feel like I just stand still, I can stop it (death of Tris) from being true, I can pretend that everything is all right." - Tobias

" I suppose the fire that burns that bright is not meant to last." - Tobias

Photo from web

". . .everything inside me screams for just one more kiss, one more word, one more glance, once more." - Tobias

". . . human nature is complex. . ."  - Tobias

"People talk about the pain of grief but I don't know what they mean. To me, grief is a devastating numbness, every sensation dulled." - Tobias

"There are other kinds of people in this world." - Tobias

"There are so many ways to be brave in this world." - Tobias

Christina: Sometimes life really sucks. But you know what I'm holding for?
The moments that don't suck. The trick is to notice them when they come around.


"Life damages us, everyone. We can't escape that damage."
"We can be mended. We mend each other." -
 Tobias


Thanks for sparing you time! Visit also my book review for Divergent and keep updated for Four. *_^
- Cee Brensan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...