Saturday, January 12, 2013

Random Formula # 1: Highlighter + Book = ME (Poignant Lines From Fifty Shades Trilogy)


Highlighter + Books = ME
“Books can also provoke emotions. And emotions sometimes are even more troublesome than ideas. Emotions have led people to do all sorts of things they later regret-like, oh, throwing a book at someone else.”  ^^  Pseudonymous Bosch's The Name of This Book is Secret

  I have been known as a person who is easily stirred emotionally by mere things. I laugh with the simplest jokes, cry with the painful scenes in movies, and even get touch with the profound lines from the books. Which is why I always have beside me a highlighter when I indulge myself into reading. My books and my highlighter are all inseparable at all times just as popcorn to movies.

When I was reading the Fifty Shades Trilogy, I was precisely accompanied by my stabilo. I do the highlighting for I'm fond of, well, those poignant lines. Ask my students and they'll tell you that I even asked them to have a "Quotation Notebook" for them to extract and jot down lines from whatever literary pieces we'll have.  :)

Here are the lines from the novel which I find remarkable. ;)

Fifty Shades of Grey Chapter 1




"Business is all about people." -Christian Grey

"My belief is to achieve success in any scheme one has to make oneself master of the scheme, know it inside and out, know every detail." -Christian Grey

"I don't subscribe to luck or chance. The harder I work, the more luck I seem to have". -Christian "Control Freak" Grey

"We can't eat money, and there are too many people on this planet who don't have to eat." -Christian Grey

"Carnegie's: A man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind may take possession of anything else to which he is justly entitled." -Christian Grey

"The growth development of people is the highest calling of leadership." -Christian Grey

"Immense power is acquired by assuring yourself in your secret reveries that you were born to
control." -Christian Grey


. . .after highlighting a couple of pages in my book my mind fluctuated so suddenly. I felt a little prick in my heart looking at those books being highlighted.  I took pity to it for it seemed to me that it's being tortured. 

My customized "Quotation Notebook" ;)


Instead of doing so, I remembered I had a "QUOTATION NOTEBOOK" as well way back in college. It was what I used to store lines from the books which are not mine for preservation. When I searched for it in my shelf, I found nothing. So, I had my last resort which was to buy and make one. I did so and here are those lines which had caught me not by surprise but emotionally. :)


BOOK ONE: Fifty Shades of Grey

"Flattery will get you nowhere."-Anastasia Steele

"Happy does not begin to cover how i felt. Ecstatic joy comes close." -Christian Grey

"You are an adult- you have your choices." -Christian Grey

"A man can hope, dream even, and sometimes his dreams come true."  -Christian Grey

"Language evolves and moves on. It is an organic thing. It is not stuck in an ivory tower. . ." -Anastasia Steele

"Two can play a game." -Anastasia Steele

"Most of your fears is in your head." -Christian Grey

"Someone has to make the first move,  otherwise you'll never get anywhere." -Katherine Kavanagh

"My views on this have not changed, are not changing, and will not change." -Anastasia Steele

"I could buy your heart's desire, and want to. Call it REDISTRIBUTION  of WEALTH." -Christian Grey

"I am the the master of my own destiny." -Christian Grey

Carla: You have to  kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.
Ana: I have kissed a prince, Mom. I hope he doesn't turn into a frog.


BOOK TWO and THREE: Fifty Shades Darker and Freed

"I have become my own island state." -Anastasia Steele

 "I have spent all my adult life trying to avoid any extreme emotion. Yet you . . . bring out feelings in me that are completely alien. It's very . . .unsettling." -Christian Grey

"Appearances can be deceptive." -Christian Grey

The thought of anyone else having you is like a knife twisting in my dark soul." -Christian Grey

"We have to walk before we can run." -John Flynn

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." -Christian Grey

"Accidents happen when you don't concentrate." -Christian Grey

"There are no guarantees in life." -John Flynn

"Don't dwell on the past. Focus on the future--- on where you want to be." -John Flynn 

"If a job is worth doing, it's worth doing well." -Christian Grey

"You will be the death of me." -Christian Grey

 "Every good wife is concerned for her beloved husband's
 well-being." -Anastasia Steele


. . .and their vows which made me ohhhh so inlove.^^

"I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals and dreams, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, to share my hopes and dreams with you and bring solace in times of need. And cherish you as long as we both shall live."  -Anastasia Steele

"I solemnly vow that I will safeguard and hold dear and deep in my heart our union and you. I promise to love you faithfully, forsaking all others, through good times and bad, in sickness or in health, regardless of where life takes us. I will protect you, trust you and respect you. I will share your joys and sorrows, and comfort you in times of your needs. I promise to cherish you and uphold your hopes and d reams and keep you safe at my side. I give you my hand, heart, and love from this moment on for as long as we both shall live." -Christian Grey

"You wanted heart and flowers. You have my heart and here are the flowers." -Christian Grey

Christian Grey :I want to make your dreams come true, Ana.
Anastasia Steele: You are my dream come true, Christian.

"You can't fathom why people behave the way they do." -Christian Grey

"I want your world to end and begin in me." -Christian Grey


. . .and how can I forget Christian's corny and Anastasia's mad pick-up line? hahahahah 

Anastasia Steele: Are you crazy?
Christian Grey: Crazy for you!

 "Would you change your name to Christian Steele so everyone would know that you belong to
 me?" -Anastasia Steele





"Some men like older women." -Christian Grey

"Christian, you are the state lottery, the cure for cancer, and the three wishes from Aladdin's lamp rolled into one." -Anastasia Steele

"We always hurt the ones we love." -Dr. Grace Trevelyan Grey



THE BONUS CHAPTER:Meet Fifty

"Beauty is only skin deep." -Christian Grey

"The ordinary raised to extraordinary." -Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele

"To succeed in business you need good people, and I can judge a person, better than most." -Christian Grey

"CONTROL is my middle name." -Christian Grey
 


. . . for sure there are a lot more lines which you may get from the novel , but somehow these are the ones I believe make sense. On the other hand this one goes to the Hall of Fame: 

Christian's "Later's, Baby."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...