Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Quotes from Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Bookish Mardi: Where She Went by Gayle Forman 


"Letting go. Everyone talks about it like it's the easiest thing."


Book Summary

It's been three years since the last devastating accident. . .
three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living in opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder,  thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York himself, chance brings  couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other. 

Told in Adam's point of view in the spare lyrical poetry that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled love. ( Source: Gayle Forman


Remarkable Lines from the Book 

"Love is not all: it is not meat nor drink." - Edna St. Vincent Millay

"It's just one day, one twenty-four-hour period to get yourself through." - Adam Wilde

"I got through yesterday, I'll get through today." - Adam Wilde

"These days, you've gotta milk a dollar out of every dime." -  Suits Label 

"People tend to freak out when something diverges from their expectations." Adam Wilde

"Rumors, even true ones, are like flames: Stifle the oxygen and they sputter and die." - Adam Wilde

"A day might just be twenty-four hours but sometimes, getting through just one seems as impossinle as scaling Everest." - Adam Wilde

"Pictures can be pretty deceptive." - Adam 


"Karma's not like a bank . Make a deposit, take a withdrawal." - Adam Wilde

"The brain is a fragil instrument and we may not know for a few week what specific regions have been affected, but young people are so very resilient." - Social Worker

"The brain can only handle so much, so it filters in a bit at a time, , digests slowly." - S.W

"The world might look different in a year or two." - Granny

...spare me this little segway , my birthdate , because I strongly believe  that seeing ur own special date in a novel you love  occurs so rarely ^_^

"Of all the gin joints in the world, she has to walk into mine. But then I have to remind myself that I walked into her gin joint." - Adam Wilde

"How is it possible that a boyfriend ceases to exist from one day to another." - Adam Wilde


"A man has his limits." - (random woman)

"You get used to a lot of thing." - Mia

"Sorry I forget sometimes that the entire world isn't up on the minutiae of classical music." - Mia

". . . some things you can't control, no matter how hard you try." - Adam 

"I should be happy. I should be grateful. But the problem is, I never can get away from feeling 

"This was just how adult relationships were, how love felt once you had a few battle scars." - Adam 

"In that incestuous way of fate, Mia's a part of our own history , and we're among the shards of her legacy." - Adam

"Ever hear the one about the dog that spent its entire life chasing cars and finally caught one - and had no idea what to do with it? I'm that dog.
Because here I am alone with Mia Hall, something I['ve fantasized about now for more than three years, and it's like, now what? - Adam

"Are we really talking about parking? When neither of us, as far as I can tell,  owns a car here." - Adam

"Old friend? Is  that a promotion? Or a demotion?"  - Adam

"Rock star. The words are so full of smoke and mirrors that it's impossible to find a real person behind them. But I am a rock star. But I fucking hate that term, and hearing Mia pin it on me ups the level of my loathing to a new stratosphere." - Adam

". . . you never really know how one person's absence will affect you more than another." - Adam 

"It's time for both of us to get back to our lives." - Mia

" . . . there's a wordls of difference between knowing something happened, even knowing why it happened, and believing it." - Adam 
"Everyone has hardship in their life. Everyone has pain." - Mia

"The music is the void. And you're the reason why."  - Adam

"We all go off a cliff sometimes." - Adam

"There are worse things to blow than your reputation, aren't they?" - Adam

". . .my gender was divvied into two neat piles - Men and Guys. Basically, all the saints of the world, Men. The jerks, the players, the wet T-shirt contest aficionados? They were the guys. Back then I was a Man." - Adam

"Do you honestly think that where you're buried has any bearing on where your spirit lives?" - Adam

"Maybe I am nuts and just don't think I am because crazy people never think they're crazy, right?" - Mia

". . .the world feels so big when you're out in the wide open. It's like you don't have a place in it when you don't have a home." -  Mia

"You're a total freak. But you're my freak." - Adam

"Fake it till you make it. - Adam

Adam: So let's hear another one of your rational fears.
Mia: I'm scared of losing you.

"I don't believe in coincidences anymore."  - Mia

". . .well you plus me, we're like MTV plus Lifetime." - Adam 

"Quitting's not hard. Deciding to quit is hard. Once you make that mental leap, the rest is easy." - Mia

"It was you plus me. It was us." - Mia

". . .people's good intentions can wind up putting us in boxes as confining as coffins." - Ernesto

"There's sowardly, Mia. And then there's cruel! Is that who you've become?" - Adam

"Letting go. Everyone talks about it like it's the easiest thing. Unfurl your fingers one by one until your hand is open."- Adam 

 "I blame her for all of this, for leaving, for ruining me. And maybe that was the seed of it, but from that one little seed grew this tumor of a flowering plant. And I'm  the one who nurtures it. I water it. I care for it. I nibble from its poison berries. I let it wrap around my neck, choking the air right out of me. I've done that. All by myself. All to myself." - Adam

"I've never screamed in my life, so loud  my breath is knocking down the streets of Manhattan. I'm sure of it. And as I battle with invisible waves and imaginary vortexes and demons that are  all too real and of my own making, I actually feel something in my chest open, a feeling so intense it's like my heart's about to burst." - Adam

"Fantastic drummers and singing guitar players don't grow on trees." - Adam

"They say everything happens for a reason, but I don't  know that I buy that. I don't know that I'll eer see a reason for what happened to Kat, Denny and Teddy that day." - Adam

"Closure. I loathe that word." - Adam

"There never would have been a Bryn if you hadn't decided you needed to hate me." - Adam

"I don't hate you. I don't think I ever really did. I was just anger. And once I faced it hean-on, once I understood it, it  dissipated." - Mia

"I had to watch you from this distance, watch you achieve your dreams, live what seemed like this perfect." - Mia

- Mia

"Concert doesn't mean standing up like a target in front of thousands of strangers. It means coming together. It means harmony." - Adam

"I can't lose you again. It will really kill me this time." - Adam

"Wherever you go, I'll go." - Adam 

"It's my turn to see you through." - Mia

"There's nothing to lose. Or maybe I've already lost it anf found it, and whatever else there migt be to lose, it's got nothing to do with what's on this stage."- Adam 


Excerpts of Adam's Songs


Stitch


Dust


Messy

Disconnect

Roulette
Bullet


Boo!

Bridge

Blue

Animate






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...